Most Current Update(s):
- IIC EDI Claims Release 3.1, Version 1.4 Available for Download (3/4/22)
- IIC EDI Claims Release 3.1 Mandate Changed to December 1, 2022 (10/4/21)
- IIC EDI Claims Release 3.0 Version 2.8 Element Requirement Table Update Available for Download (5/18/21)
- New Nature & Cause of Injury Codes for COVID-19 Pandemic (3/30/20)
- Compliance with Mandatory Implementation of Idaho EDI Claims Release 3.0 Announcement Letter (9/5/17)
Proof of Coverage
- Idaho Proof of Coverage Updated POC Reporting Requirements (09/28/2021)
- Idaho Proof of Coverage Update Email Address and Industry Code Requirements (10/7/2021)
- NCCI Proof of Coverage Compliance Guide for Idaho
The Idaho Workers’ Compensation Law and Administrative Rules of the Industrial Commission require employers and their sureties to file proof of an employers’ workers’ compensation insurance policy to the Industrial Commission in the form prescribed by the Commission (Idaho Code §72-311 and IDAPA 17.01.01.006).
The Idaho Industrial Commission was one of the first states to adopt the IAIABC Proof of Coverage (POC) electronic reporting standard. First implemented in 1997, the POC electronic reporting of policy data replaced the paper, labor intensive reporting by insurance carriers of workers’ compensation policy data to state agencies. National insurance carriers had struggled with submitting policy data to jurisdictions using a multitude of different state forms. The POC electronic reporting standard (known as EDI) now allows insurance carriers to report policy data electronically using a national standardized format, resulting in more accurate and timely submission of policy data.
The Industrial Commission has designated the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) as it’s agent to receive, process and forward proof of coverage information from insurance carriers authorized to write workers’ compensation insurance in Idaho.
The Idaho Industrial Commission is planning to host a Q/A session regarding the forthcoming change making data element 0347 (Claims Administrator FEIN) a mandatory field for proof of coverage reporting. Once a date and time for this meeting is finalized it will be posted here.
Proof of Coverage Tables